Covantis is being developed by the commodities trading and shipping industry with the goal to create more efficiency and value for the entire industry. We do that by using forward-thinking technology to replace archaic and redundant processes with modern solutions. We are building a secure digital platform that will minimize operating risks while increasing market efficiency for all the industry players. Our diverse team is made up of some of the best agri commodity experts and software engineers, determined leaders and compassionate innovators, united by our desire to solve complex problems in simplifying the global supply chain. Covantis platform is live in production adopted by some of the largest companies in the industry, and our team is growing as we expand globally to deliver more value to our customers.
What you will do
As a Senior Software Engineer at Covantis, you will work as the member of Scrum team on Covantis platform to develop and improve features that directly address real-life problems in the supply chain operations:
- Be involved in all phases of software development life cycle: analysing business/system requirements or user stories, providing estimates, designing solutions, developing new features or changes to existing features, unit and integration testing, fixing bugs/defects, and providing second-level operational support as needed.
- Become the expert in one or more critical solution modules and provide technical direction to other software developers. This may take the form of architecture/design direction, and in some cases solving critical technical problems with innovative solutions.
- Participate in design discussions and help others through merge requests code reviews and knowledge sharing.
- Help elevate the skills of the team through technical mentorship.
- Collaborate with other developers to deliver complex solutions involving digital documents exchange, blockchain, integration with 3rd party systems etc.
- Deliver code using CI/CD best practices and DevOps to production.
- Produce technical documentation as needed in support of complex technical concepts.
- Around 5+ years of experience in software engineering.
- Designed, scaled and maintained production services.
- Strong experience in developing with Node.js web frameworks or Java/C# web frameworks such as Spring.
- Experience writing automated tests and using them to power short feedback cycles in a continuous integration environment.
Nice to have:
- Experience with TypeScript
- Relational databases
- Message brokers such as Kafka or RabbitMQ.
- Experience with blockchain technologies such as Ethereum.
- Familiarity with cloud computing platforms like AWS and Azure.
- Excel in developing microservice-based distributed systems with high availability, performance, and reliability.
Scrum team structure: Lead, 2 Front End Devs, 2 Back End Devs, 1 Manual QA, 1 Automation QA, Product Owner.
Covantis team: 80+ people
- Vacation - 5 weeks
- Annual bonus based on performance - 10-15% of annual salary
- Healthcare 20EUR net per months
- Lunch allowance 5EUR net per day