PYGIO is a software development company which specializes in full-stack app and web development, AWS set-up and migration, and Salesforce solutions for enterprises in South Africa.
Project #1 PYGIO is building its own analytics SaaS platform. This will be in the form of a white-labled web application that will require both back-end and front-end development. The MVP is built and being used by a small number of clients.
There are several Business Units within our banking clients that require data science capabilities. Here are some examples of the projects
Project #2 Build and maintenance of a messaging and communication interface for the entire bank. This system may work across the entire bank's product ecosystem.
Project #3 Online Banking Portal for one of SA’s big 4 banks.
- 4+ years of commercial experience.
- Excellent understanding of Python; open source machine learning libraries; open source data science libraries and packages.
- Excellent knowledge of web app frameworks.
- Excellent knowledge of Docker.
- Excellent experience with the open-source relational database management; knowledge of PostgreSQL, MySQL .
- Strong understanding of version control and related concepts and techniques, particularly Git.
- Excellent communication, analytical skills, and decision-making ability in collaborative environments; system.
- English level required is Upper Intermediate.
Would be a plus
- Experience in AWS and cloud technologies; Snowflake; Kubernetes.
- Experience with test-driven development and domain-driven development; Knowledge of server application containers: Tomcat, Jetty, JBoss.
- Experience with an appropriate unit testing framework(s).
- Excellent debugging and problem-solving skills.
- Comfortable with stubbing tools like wiremock and/or hoverfly.
help perform analytics on new clients that we are attaining for the Saas product and grow the analytics platform from a product design perspective.
- The job will be intellectually challenging and entrepreneurial.
- The developer/data scientist will join the senior management to an early stage venture which is facilitating software development and data science between Africa and Europe.
- Flexible hours, outcome driven not time driven (except core hours of 9am-3pm SAST).
- Remote work, work from home. Office space can be discussed.
- 15 days Annual Leave.
- The candidates will be required to travel to South Africa when the war allows this to happen.
- Remuneration + profit share is possible.
1. Indigo HR Interview.
2. Tech interview with PYGIO.
3. Client interview.