- Recent 3+ years of experience in an engineering management role, 5+ years in system coding (Rust, C, C+++)
- Background in building/managing teams for a cloud service or a platform
- Traction in managing and scaling distributed teams at various timezone
- Proven coaching ability, including strong communication, emotional IQ, and prioritization skills
- Experience in planning and delivering experimental features, and overseeing execution to deliver with predictability
- Experience in implementing tools, processes, and resolving blockages
- Excellent English verbal and writing skills (native or near-native speaker)
- Experience with open-source projects and developing publicly is a must
- Data-driven, curious, have the attention to detail, passion for CS papers, and biased to stay up to date with the latest trend in storage systems
- Manage a distributed team of ~10 people located in 3+ time zones across USA&Europe
- Remove obstacles that impact team productivity to build a high-performing team
- Spend a significant part of your time coaching and helping engineers to thrive and grow: evaluate performance, support career plans
- Participate in code reviews, code ~50% of the time (a big part is low-level system coding)
- Pair with tech leaders and products to build an efficient process that defeats tech debt improves code quality and minimizes the time to market
- Set up a healthy on-call process for the team
- Expand our impact by interviewing and hiring great Software Engineers
Location: remotely or relocation to Cyprus.
Team: 30 people in general, technical team is 10+ people, mostly Seniors (JS, Go, Rust developers, DevOps). The team is distributed between Cyprus, USA, Europe.
Benefits: stock options for all full-time hires, top-notch equipment, unlimited vacations, paid parental leaves, medical insurance and much more.