BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading carpooling platform, created with one dream in mind: to fill the millions of empty seats on the road. We offer long-distance and short-distance carpooling, a bus marketplace and recently an e-scooter service, with the ambition to become the go-to multimodal marketplace for road travel.
Tech Stack contains modern Technologies and frameworks (Java, Spring, PostgreSQL, run in Docker containers managed by an advanced CI/CD system).
What’s in it for you?
- Top of the market employment terms and conditions incl. meals and transportation allowance
- Payroll employment (24 paid vacation days)
- 100% coverage for health care insurance
- 50% coverage for spouse & children health care insurance
- 100% salary reimbursement for maternity leave
- 100% salary reimbursement for 1 month paternity leave
- Choice between the latest Mac or PC equipment
- Possibility to work full remote anywhere in Ukraine (even after the Covid crisis)
- Learning opportunities through trainings, Free English courses, Conferences
- Be part of an international engineering team with 260+ talents
- Reporting to the Engineering Manager, in a team of 8 engineers
- Building a robust and scalable backend that support BlaBlaCar websites and mobile apps, as well as connexions to external bus partners systems
- Taking part in the design definition of the services and their APIs to ensure they are scalable, robust and easy to use
- Interacting with multiple internal stakeholders (product managers, business analyst, data scientists, etc) and external bus partners tech teams
- Deploying and operating your services to production and ensuring they are performing as expected through monitoring and instrumentation
What you will need to be successful:
- 1.5-5+ years of experience in engineering teams within tech companies
- Strong proficiency in Java (Spring) and Object-Oriented development
- Open and eager to constantly learn new technologies
- Product-oriented spirit with the ambition to deliver the best experience to end-users
- English - upper intermediate+
Good to have
- Experience in a Service Oriented Architecture ecosystem as well as other technologies such as Kafka ClikHouse, PL/SQL, Oracle, is a plus
- Experience working with GCP, AWS or any equivalent Cloud platform.