As the Mobile App UX/UI Design Lead you would be involved in creating and overseeing deliverables such as process flows, site maps, prototypes and polished final screens. While leading the team you will provide clear, helpful feedback and ensure that the design system is being followed stringently. You would also be conducting in-depth user testing sessions, identifying pain points or areas of confusion and applying the relevant feedback to the designs in an iterative manner.
About the project: Superworld is a metaverse, a virtual world mapped on the top of the real world. It has 3 main functionalities:
1. AR map. Each user can have his own world and share it with others, one can put holograms of themselves, photos, videos, messages in different places. Brands can put their logos, for example. Any space can contain an infinite amount of items.
2. NFT marketplace. Superworld allows us to earn crypto and benefit the real world by planting trees in the real world, for instance.
3. Monopoly. The surface of the Earth is divided into 64 billion virtual blocks of land. Each block is 100*100 meters and can be bought. By doing that you get a share of digital economics
Monetization: selling NFTs, users can create their own NFTs and sell digital art and other content; advertising; e-commerce; digital commerce; gaming; data analytics.
Stage of the project: closed beta, profitable company (made $2mln this year).
Team: based in the US, few people in the UK and Finland.
Product Manager, Lead Developer (in the UK), 2 other developers, design interns. Lead designer will report to the CEO directly, maybe to the Senior Product Manager when he’s hired.
What is important: few delivered mobile apps, Figma, good eye for design.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Lead the Mobile App UI/UX design team meetings
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and pop-ups.
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes.
- Conduct well structured, iterative user testing
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. usability, pain points)
- Implement adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to existing product design systems
- 4-5 years of experience designing Mobile applications;
Prior experience as a UI/UX Designer with a strong portfolio of related projects.
- Proficiency in Figma & Adobe Create Suite (XD, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop);
- Ability to create user flows, wireframes, prototypes and mockups;
- Knowledge of wireframe tools (e.g. Miro);
- Strong knowledge on style guides, design systems, design patterns & attractive user interfaces;
- Ability to create original graphics (e.g. icons, images, sketches and tables);
- Strong communication skills and the ability to give constructive, clear feedback.
Good time-management and task tracking skills
As a plus:
- Basic knowledge of HTML, CSS, JS;
- Familiarity with AR and Unity.
- Unlimited paid time off;
- Gym compensation;
- Potentially medical insurance.