You will be part of the Front-office Applications team in the IT Development department, responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining key business applications and services on our highly specialized investment product management platform. We value Agility (through SCRUM), Technology (through a modern micro-services platform built with functional programming in Scala) and Collaboration.
Front-Office Applications is a Scala development team building strategic tools for the sales, trading, treasury and risk departments:
- A secondary market-making tool for Leonteq's products. For sales and trading. Highly concurrent code based on Akka actors, with an event-sourcing data model.
- A securities finance monitoring tool. For treasury. Real-time position monitoring based on stream-processing and Kafka.
- A regulatory reporting tool. For risk control. High data-volume batch processing with user interaction.
- A hedging-counterparty connectivity service. For our "SHIP" product. Fix connectivity to our SHIP hedging counterparties.
Team: The team mostly consists of Senior level developers. Team Leader is located in Zurich.
Location: any location remotely or you can relocate to Lisbon, Portugal.
- Professional experience as a Scala developer
- Experience working with large code-bases
- Experience or strong interest in the financial industry
- Experience building scalable, distributed applications in Scala and Java
- Strong understanding of Algorithms and Data Structures
- Experience in developing software in an agile environment
- Knowledge of relational and non-relational database systems
- Experience in implementation of APIs for integration with internal and external systems
- Fluency in English