What you’ll do:
- Work alongside our mobile engineering team, consisting of both iOS and Android developers as well as backend and web engineers.
- Build our point of sale, online store, invoicing or accounting products in our merchant app to help our merchants grow their business across Europe, USA and Latin America.
- Dive into the code to create clean components in our codebase, develop and refine features, write tests and keep performance tip-top.
- Work closely with product and design departments to build features that are maintainable, usable and beautiful.
- Help us rethink problems we've solved before in a different way as needs evolve.
- Develop a wealth of knowledge about our complex problem domain as well as its implications in the interface and the backend – and how to manage it in a clean way.
You’ll be a great fit for this role if:
- You're comfortable with Kotlin and the Android ecosystem and have 3+ years of development experience
- You care about user interaction, usability, and of course, making the interface beautiful.
- You know what to test, how to write flexible tests that won’t break and why to test it.
- You love coding and take the time to reflect on all aspects of your implementation, be it the frameworks, languages or processes.
- You know what MVP and MVVM are.
- Technology excites you and you strive to learn something new on a daily basis!
- You have great English communication skills
Why you should join SumUp:
- You’ll play a key role in a “startup” that in turn is part of a truly global team of 2000+ people from 60+ countries, spread across 3 continents.
- You’ll be based in the heart of Berlin, Copenhagen, Warsaw or Kiev where SumUp has dynamically growing offices
- You'll have the opportunity to make an impact irrespective of your job description.
- You'll have the space to drive your career and take ownership of projects.
- Our office has a strong sense of community; we get together regularly for brunches, cocktail nights, sports, and yoga.
- You’ll receive a budget for attending conferences and external training.
- We offer a wealth of benefits in each of our locations such as free language classes, sports club membership, lunches and more.