About The Position:
Here’s how we’re different from outsourcing companies and freelance marketplaces:
- Our engineers build a career through NUMI, not just a bunch of short jobs.
- We have 100% placement success rate for our engineers at great US-based startups, in as little as 2 weeks.
- We protect your interests - you’re always paid on time by us and won’t have to worry about any risks of doing business with unfamiliar foreign companies remotely.
- Our customers build the coolest products - from deep fintech infrastructure, to supply chain logistics, education platforms, developer collaboration tools, and ecommerce.
- Our customers are startup people just like you. They love tech, always read Hacker News, are up on the latest stacks and tools.
- Our customers want to give you responsibility and autonomy, not just tickets. They love when you come with your own opinions on how to best build what they need!
- Our engagements are long (6-18+ months), so you become part of the customer’s culture and team.
- We’ll do all the work to find you your next engagement before your current one ends.
- We aim to match you on one project at a time. Occasionally you may be working part time on two projects, but not often.
👨💻 About You:
- You're an optimistic, senior engineer, ideally with at least 5 years' experience.
- You have in-depth experience maintaining either Node.js and Reac.js projects (ideally both).
- You have great communication skills (B2+ English strongly preferred).
- You have your own Macbook.
- You're excited to work with teammates from around the world, with a focus on US-based teams.
- You're excited to take long term responsibility over early stage products, collaborating closely with founders and senior leadership at world-class startups.
- Nice to have:
- We would love you to have experience with Typescript, GraphQL but if not, we still want to hear from you.
💡 How it Works:
- After an initial phone screen and review of your code, we'll arrive at terms for a trial period together.
- We'll search the Silicon Valley and YC community for startups looking for your talent, and match you with a good team and good project - we are very selective of what companies we work with.
🛠️ The Project:
- About the Product
- An investment firm that uses technology-powered financial management to help successful entrepreneurs manage and grow their wealth. A set of tools with React frontend, Node.js backend, and a large number of REST API integrations. All Typescript. Lots of interesting backend work to do, especially with the integrations to various REST APIs. Would be nice to have familiarity with the web3 stack, as the team is working on aggregating wallets.
- About the Team
- Small, tight-knit company with currently one engineer who previously worked at a YC-backed company.
- Team Timezones.
- HQ in San Francisco, preference for US time zones.