About The Position:
Here’s how we’re different from outsourcing companies and freelance marketplaces:
- Our engineers build a career through NUMI, not just a bunch of short jobs
- We have 100% placement success rate for our engineers at great US-based startups, in as little as 2 weeks
- We protect your interests - you’re always paid on time by us and won’t have to worry about any risks of doing business with unfamiliar foreign companies remotely
- Our customers build the coolest products - from deep fintech infrastructure, to supply chain logistics, education platforms, developer collaboration tools, and ecommerce
- Our customers are startup people just like you. They love tech, always read Hacker News, are up on the latest stacks and tools.
- Our customers want to give you responsibility and autonomy, not just tickets. They love when you come with your own opinions on how to best build what they need!
- Our engagements are long (6-18+ months), so you become part of the customer’s culture and team
- We’ll do all the work to find you your next engagement before your current one ends
- We aim to match you on one project at a time. Occasionally you may be working part time on two projects, but not often.
👨💻 About You:
- You're an optimistic, senior engineer, ideally with at least 5 years' experience.
- You have in-depth experience maintaining either Node.js and Reac.js projects (ideally both).
- You have great communication skills (B2+ English strongly preferred).
- You have your own Macbook.
- You're excited to work with teammates from around the world, with a focus on US-based teams.
- You're excited to take long term responsibility over early stage products, collaborating closely with founders and senior leadership at world-class startups.
Nice to have:
- Automated testing workflows including CI/CD.
- Collaborates with non-tech teammates.
- Contributing to product roadmapping and prioritizing features.
- Proficiency in frontend and backend, even if you prefer one over other.
- Interest in producing good UI/UX products.
Experience as a "tech lead" or hiring / managing people.
💡 How it Works:
- After an initial phone screen and review of your code, we'll arrive at terms for a trial period together
- We'll search the Silicon Valley and YC community for startups looking for your talent, and match you with a good team and good project - we are very selective of what companies we work with.
🛠️ The Project:
- A 4-person startup building AI-powered formula analysis tools for beauty and personal care manufacturers. The product allows beauty and personal care R&D teams to simulate lab experiments using the company’s AI models, and develop and test different formulas. Well-funded, backed by top-tier investors.